Thank goodness for spring! We've been spending alot more time outside lately...and realized we are going to have to venture into the outdoor toy world since we really don't have any! Although, Mike came home from the grocery store last weekend with a fun new outdoor toy to play with - a bubble mower! The bubble part doesn't seem to work too well on the bubble mower (and I spilled the bottle trying to fix it so now it really doesn't work), but Austin doesn't know its supposed to have bubbles and he loves it. Basically anything that he can push around while walking is a big hit these days. Which is why I knew he would love a trip to a nearby petting farm when I saw pictures of it online. Clarks Eliok Farm isn't too far north of us, has tons of farm animals to see and pet...and, best of all a huge pavillion full of toddler toys. Its quite possibly the most toddler friendly outdoor park I've ever seen. We went a few weekends ago and had a blast.
| Austin wasn't too psyched about touching the animals, but he definitely watched them walk by over and over! |
| Emu! |
| Actually touching the goat! |
| Riding on one of the many fun toys! |
| Such great toys to play with! |
After quite a bit of animal time and playtime, we walked around the farm where they had displays of 'Fairytale Land' - which was really a bunch of colorful displays of several classic fairy tales. Seriously, the place was so cute. And with a $5 admission price, I"m pretty sure we'll be back a few times this summer!
Another reason to spend spring days/evenings outside...its just so beautiful around here. Austin definitely noticed the Cherry Blossom trees when they started to bloom and would point to see the blossoms when we walked by. I attempted a photoshoot under one of our trees, but Austin decided walking was more fun than sitting still. Still super cute though!
Unfortunately, the blossoms do have to fall after peak bloom. Fortunately, they are very pretty when they start to fall as well...its like a sea of pink on the sidewalk/road!
Playing outside also means playdates outside! We had brunch at Boston's house this weekend and played outside...the boys are definitely still in independent play mode, but I think they're getting interested in what each other are doing. We feel so lucky to have met such wonderful neighbors!!
We've also started to use the new bike trailer to tow Austin around. Saturday we rode a few miles on the Matthew Henson Trail nearby. It felt awesome to be out biking together again, its been quite some time. Austin was all set for his ride with a full cup of coconut water and a full snack cup of cheerios....we biked while he ate, drank, and babbled. He seemed to really enjoy it. Hopefully the more we use it, the more he'll get used to it...although I imagine we'll stick to some short rides for now!

1 comment:
Shades of his dad!
Post a Comment