Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Week 13 - I can grab and hold my toys!

Learning to read!
Well, Austin seems to have reached a new stage of baby this week.  In addition to really enjoying the Bumbo chair, he officially is grabbing and holding books and toys and pretty much anything you put near his hands.  He nearly turns the pages himself!   Its quite a new world of 'playtime' beyond the playmat and swing!  In other big news, we've had a huge success with sleep.  Austin has probably had 3 or 4 nights where he's slept through the night until 6 or 7am, but usually wakes up once around 4 or 5am.  On Monday I decided to try to get him to go back to sleep without feeding him using the pacifier or rocking him...and miraculously it worked!  Tuesday he woke up at 6 and I couldn't get him back to sleep so I did feed him and put him back down.  Wednesday the pacifier worked.  And Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and the whole weekend he slept through the night without waking up at all!  We are thrilled, it seems like we might have officially conquered sleeping through the night!

During playtime, it seems like he really enjoys sitting up and seeing things from a different point of view.  Plus, he looks really cute in his chair!

My seat is just my size!
Julian seems curious about this little guy that is now sitting up.
He also has definitely found his fingers.  He's gone from sucking his fists, to really sucking his fingers and using them to put nearly anything in his mouth.  Its quite cute!

Mmm....fingers!
He's also getting pretty good at 'tummy time'.  Until this week, tummy time resulted in crying after about 1 minute.  But, he holds his head up and looks around now without too much fuss for a few minutes (usually).  We've even tried 'tummy time' our our tummies by placing him on our stomachs so that he can look right at our faces.  Its quite cute!


Oh, and yeah, he's discovered TV.  Its probably not good to put him in front of the TV for hours, but its pretty cute to watch him stare at the screen, and it definitely entertains him when he's bored of his other 'toys'.  Its nice to get to watch some TV together at night without him getting too fussy!


And lastly, I can't get over how fabulous Austin's hair is.  He has the cutest little swirl that occassionally turns into a mohawk, with the best little bald spot in the back.  Love it!



1 comment:

Sally said...

Lisa, Mike and little Austin, I am delighted that I finally had time to visit your blog! Austin is making amazing progress and also is sooo handsome! As a reading specialist, I am very impressed with his reading ability. Keep up the good work! Love, Aunt Sally