| Smiling in my swing! |
Now that I've been pumping every morning we decided to try a bottle again - but this time a full bottle to replace an evening breastfeeding session. He took 4.5oz, and might have taken more but that was all that we had thawed. I was excited that I was able to pump 5oz so thats a good sign that I can pump what he needs, at least for now. I'd like to try making an evening bottle a routine for him to get used to - it gives me a break, it gives Dad some time with Austin, and will get him used to a bottle before I go back to work.
| My first full bottle |
No big changes this week developmentally. He seems to be reaching towards more of the toys on the playmat and is starting to grab more often. When he's interested, he's very animated batting at the hanging toys!
I got him to look at the mirror toy and he seemed mesmerized by it for a few minutes, but hasn't been interested in it again. We've definitely gotten more smiles this week...usually first thing in the morning when I get him from the crib and during the day when he's alert. We can't wait until he smiles more often...its pretty cute!!
Earlier this week we ventured into DC for a playdate with Tommy, my friend Becky's son. Becky and I used to be next door neighbors when we were kids and recently got back in touch when she moved to DC. Austin did great hanging out for a few hours. I am definitely looking forward to hanging out again, especially before maternity leave is over. Tommy's 1st birthday is next week, so this weekend they hosted a party at their house. So...we ventured into DC for the party. Since they live right by a metro station, we took Austin on his first metro ride! He did awesome...pretty much slept the whole way to and from the party. Which is better than the car ride to and from the metro - lately the car isnt soothing or nap inducing...he mostly just screams and cries, its rather sad! Hoping its just a phase!
![]() |
| On the train platform! |
![]() |
| My first Metro ride!! |




No comments:
Post a Comment